QEP recognizes water is a valuable resource. We utilize the latest technology and follow industry best practices for the responsible use and protection of water sources.
- Our Permian water recycling facility has the capacity to recycle 100,000 barrels of water per day.
- We use only non-potable water sources for completions in the Permian, including recycled flow-back and produced water, as well as non-potable ground water which is not appropriate for humans, livestock or irrigation. This significantly reduces disposal volumes and fresh water consumption from surface and groundwater sources.
- In 2018, approximately 50% of QEP’s Permian water demand was met through the use of recycled produced water. In 2019, we project that approximately 65% of our Permian water usage will be recycled produced water.
- From August 2017 through July 2019, we have recycled 1.1 billion gallons of flow-back and produced water.
- QEP discloses it hydraulic fracturing activity, including the contents of hydraulic fracturing fluids, to the national online disclosure registry, FracFocus (www.fracfocus.org).
- QEP complies with all federal and state regulations in assessing groundwater quality before drilling.
QEP and Water Recycling
In 2018, approximately 50% of QEP’s Permian water demand was met through the use of recycled produced water.